Thursday, November 12, 2015

i'd rather be in paris... |letter #94|

Dear Daddy,



I'd rather be in Paris.  I'd rather be in a prettier place than I am now.  Now I am hungry, lost, anxious, confused, and drained.  I also don't feel qualified for the work you sent me to do.  Compared to the other girls, I don't think I have what it takes.  I know these are insecurities of mine.  However, there is a part of me that is begging you to pay attention. 

Care that I am annoyed right now.
Care that I am confused right now.
Care that I am uncomfortable right now. 
Care that I am embarrassed right now.

Can't you see how upset I am at where you placed me? I don't like this place.  This place where you are calling me to change and where you are forcing me out of my comfort space.  I chose you no matter what, but I surely did not choose this way.  I chose you no matter what, but I did not choose this stage.  I don't like the timelines, the deadlines, the rearrangements, and absence of my own agenda.  I thought we were going to do things my way.  Why does yours have to be so hard?

I am upset and I am annoyed and to be honest, I am yet not over it.  This is simply discomforting for me to deal with.  Yet, in your genius you uncovered the issue deeper within: 

I'm scared. 

I am truly terrified in this place. 

I'm scared because I don't want to be vulnerable.  
I'm scared because I don't want to be rejected.  
I'm scared because I don't be to be perceived as annoying. 
 I'm scared because of who I can really become as a result of this.

I'm scared because I've lost about 99% of my sense of control.  



It's on you now, Lord.  You hold my destiny in your hands.  I plow the land, you reap the harvest.  I'm scared because I need you so much more than I did yesterday.  I need you to wipe my boo-boos when I fall and I need you to kiss me to sleep when I'm sad.  I'm scared because I've entered into an all-access open battlefield where I am vulnerable to any type of verbal shots.  I could be hit with a denial, let down, or pushback at any point in this game.

But what's an arrow by day and a threat at night to an Almighty God ruling over the heavens and earth? Though I am weak, you are strong.  Though I am vulnerable, you are secure.  Though I am insecure, you are firm.

I thank you God that you are God and you are more than I can ever need to feel protected, safe, and stable in this space.

I also thank you that I am here right now, even though it's hard.  I know you will use it for your glory one day.  I just ask that you help me continue to see your heavenly perspective on my day-to-day realities.

Finally, I thank you that you do care.  You care so much.  And I am ever so grateful that I was on your mind since the beginning of time.



Love,
Stephanie