Sunday, January 6, 2013

my gift to you... |letter #57|

Dear My Dearest Sister & Friend, 


My next post was supposed to be about my journey in Jamaica, but this serious situation has come up to my knowledge and it must be addressed in the best way I know how, through my written words. I was about to call you about two minutes ago, but I stopped myself because I knew it wouldn't be enough. You deserve the best of me, not the utter silence I would have offered on the other side. I needed you to truly know how much your loss has affected me and how much your person has uplifted mine since the day our friendship sprout. Sister, I am truly sorry for the loss of such a mentor, leader, model, and friend in your life. As amazed as I am at the loss of this person in your life, I am more amazed at the person you must be for God to allow this to happen now. In other words, you are where God wants you to be while many of us are still crawling. God so called you great enough, underneath his strength and grace, to bear this great burden. You are indefinitely blessed beyond measure. You have the strength, the wisdom, the fight, the hope, the faith, and the passion to carry this. I admire your spirit. I am humbled by your story. 


My heart yearns to embrace yours. I cannot in my best attempt describe to you how truly of a light you have been on my life. Your presence makes me happy and your smile gives me hope. I enjoy the rare moments when I run into you on campus. Your happy nature is contagious. There are many times when you have made me chose to forget why I was so sad. You always make me laugh. Your unique way of speech and passion for life have brought me excitement. These times from foolery in the office have been more humorous with you by my side. You are so caring, sister. When you ask me how I am doing, in my heart I know you truly desired an honest answer. You remember the things I've told you. You make me feel valuable, as if my presence is just as bright as yours to mine. Sister, you are special. You are beautiful. You are gifted. You are uplifting. You are His. 

After this, I still don't feel like it's good enough. I still seek the words to fully describe to you how strongly you affect people and how powerfully your existence blesses those around you. I wish I knew the perfect line that would summarize it all. But I know this, God holy hand is on you and your family to guide, to heal, to nurture, to strengthen, to hold, to touch, to protect, and to love. I know you miss her, that's absolutely normal. Just know that she is looking onto you with pride in her eyes, love in her heart, and a legacy in her hand for you to accept. Don't stop now. God has great plans for you and has equipped you for all lows. Love is your ally and friends are your shields. We will play our part, just don't ever change and don't ever stop the fight. 



I love you Sister. 

Love,
Stephanie