Tuesday, March 5, 2013

who said anything about tomorrow... |letter #60|

Dear Students, 


As we all look forward to our designated Spring Break plans the upcoming week (lucky some may already be experiencing that), I wish that we do not rush for tomorrow and forget the importance of today.  Who says that tomorrow is even promised? We who cannot even control the beat of our hearts believe that we ultimately can control our God-given time. We are to prepare ourselves at all costs, but to live for tomorrow would be a waste for the tomorrow that we planned for will be today and today will be meaningless as we look to tomorrow. 

I hope I didn't confuse you, but I learned an important yet simple lesson this weekend. I need to stop thinking about tomorrow and starting living today. According to who I am created in God, I have everything I need to fulfill my purpose today. I will not be lacking in any one thing.  Essentially, that means, I, and you, should not be worrying. We have what we need to be victorious today, don't wait to claim it tomorrow.

So that midterm you have today, ace it. God gives you the victory. The job that stresses you, overcome it.  God gave you the opportunity thus he will gave you the ability.  And the constant thoughts of how much better, how happier, how much clearer, how much healthier, how much more attractive, how much stronger you will be tomorrow needs to apply today. Live like you don't have a tomorrow and believe you have everything you need to not only battle, but win the day that we have been blessed to have seen. 


Love,
Stephanie