Saturday, November 16, 2013

you must not know about me... |letter #84|

Dear My Future Husband, 



You must know about me.  You must have been able to match the cost of my value.  You must have recognized the high price I am worth and pulled out your all of your investments to be able to afford all that is me.  You are a blessed man indeed.  You were the special one God equipped to righteously earn my royal blood.  Does this make me cocky?  On the contrary, I am only Biblically confident.  I am beginning to fully assume my esteemed worth as Christian woman.  I am the daughter of a great King.  I need not settle for jesters or jokers who can't even afford half of what I cost.  But you could.  You are equally mine. 

 Does it make me any less lovable because those who came before you didn't want me for long?  Have I lost my value because I "wasn't enough" for them?  If I believed these lies, I question how far I would be or how behind I would be.  It's too easy to equate my worth with the actions of a man.  If he doesn't want to be with me, I must be missing something.  If he's still talking to other girls, I must not "badd" enough.  I am certainly not "it" if he cannot commit.  How foolish?  Who I was as a woman paralleled the limited perspectives of the men who viewed me.  My temporary "boos" determined whether or not I was "wifey material".  They alone decided if I made the cut.  I fell for all of it.  I believed it secretly.


And yet, I was almost caught in this sickening mindset once again.  Thinking negatively about an ex and convincing myself that I wasn't good enough will often lead me to these brash conclusions. Until God stepped in and reminded me WHOSE I was and WHO I was.  Simply because several men were too silly to keep me or smart enough to let me go does not mean I am deformed, inadequate, or bland.  My essence does not depend on the opinions of men but on the one opinion of Him who matters. 

Can I say I am perfect? Absolutely not. I know I had several insecurities when dating.  I am very well aware of the part I played in the downfall of my relationships.  My biggest mistake yet was gaining those insecurities by relying on the perceptions of men in order to define who I was. Sometimes, their actions towards me only reflected the low worth I was assuming for myself. How can I blame them? I was not perfect at all. Yet, I can say that my imperfections are now made righteous with Jesus Christ, my Savior.  He alone can complete me and He alone can say all that I am. 



Therefore, may I just remind you, man of God, how incredibly fortunate you are?  May I simply applaud your matching caliber?  You are my perfect match, not by your own doings but because of God's work in you.  You were the one who I was meant for all along.  You will be the one who will get ALL that I've been working with, with no restraints. I am a fine woman of God! The fruits of the Spirit surge passionately between my bones. I am not missing one good thing for Jesus Christ lives in me.  He shapes me to be all woman I can be. I am all that you have dreamt of.  I am what you never thought existed. What blessing it is for you to receive me? 

He has called you mine and I am now yours.  Finally, a man who was willing to meet God's standards and acquire me. You were very well worth the wait. 



Love,
Stephanie