Wednesday, February 26, 2014

feeling some type of way... |letter #85|

Dear My Future Husband, 



I felt some type of way just now.  Oh yes, I wasn't feeling real nice but I see how much I needed to see that picture of that boy who was sweet talking my ear the night before boo'ed up with some other girl. I needed to see it because it was a wake up call.  It was a very nice check back to my reality orchestrated beautifully by the Lord.  

"Wake up, Stephanie!  Your 'friend' was selling you dreams.  Wake up, Stephanie!  Stop falling for the make believe!  Wake up, your authentic man designed just for you is own his way!  Just wait on it.  I promise he's coming." 


I needed to unblind my eyes to the fleshy trap I was falling for.  I needed to realize the entertainment of tall tales could cost me my sanity and heart.  I am saving myself for you.  There is no other.  I was not meant to frolic about among the player's wave but be preserved within the sanctuary of my Daddy's presence.  What was I thinking to even allow myself to receive the banter and emotionally ridden thoughts we exchanged?  I must have forgotten how incredibly compatible you will be for me.  I must have forgotten only yours would be the words I would crave.  I must have forgotten you are worth the wait.

Future husband, I now vow to you my heart, my attention, my love, and my dedication.  I don't need to meet you to actually aim to save my prized and precious goodies for you.  I don't need to spend romantic time with those who were meant to be merely distractions.  Simply because my Father tells me so, I await the day you will expertly slip in between me and my Daddy's dance.  Only you have the two-step to make a lasting impression.  Simply because my Father tells me so, I await the day I can serve you as a wife.  I promise I won't serve these passing men any longer; my heart was meant for yours alone.  

So come, beloved.  I wait for you.  Come. 


Love, Stephanie