Tuesday, July 10, 2012

on my own... |letter #43|

Dear My Future Husband, 


I don't really want to talk about this, but I know that I need to get it out of my system.  I didn't even know who to talk about it with, who to address it to really, but I figured since you're supposed to be my best friend, it should be you.  I don't know how to say this without being completely obvious, but I'll try my best. I no longer feel at home.  Instead, I feel as if I should feel guilty for who I am in this place.  I am often looked upon as being able to afford what others can't and have often experienced the obligation to provide for those based these silent declarations.  Vague, I know, but when I really tell you in the privacy of my home, you will understand. 

Basically, I am borderline being taken advantage of because of where I stand today.  According to those, I am not allowed to ask for help, because I should never need it.  I should never be of need because everything will be handed to me.  I don't deserve the freebies of others because I should be one giving away.  So when I do need, I am the one at fault. When I do seek, I am the one to blame.  The good things I have done don't count.  It doesn't that I have remained humble, considerate, and respectful. It matters where I came from and what I represent. I don't deserve to be taken care of. 


Simply, because it wouldn't be fair to someone else and I am too privileged. 

Love,
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It