Tuesday, June 19, 2012

first things first... |letter #42|

Dear Me, 


I am the prize. I am the investment that you will desire in your life. I am the only who must be captured, swept, and won.  I claim my place of worth into existence. 

But, I have to say that everyday.  It is not innate just yet. To love myself just as my Creator designed me is a progress, some days are hard while others, an easy breathe.  Sometimes, I don't like the way my shape forms or the way my hair places.  Sometimes, I hate how much I over-think and how much I worry about dumb little things.  Many times, I love the way I write and how I can put two pieces together and call it fashion. In turn, inspired by a similar piece by a close friend, I realize, no, I don't love myself as my heart, mind, soul, and body desires. I could guard my heart more. I could be healthier. I could corrode the negativity from my mind and seek overall spiritual well-being. Who will care for me, if it's not me? Who else will take on that responsibility, but me?  I love and care, but I do not love and care as much I need to.  


The first step lies with the elimination of self-criticism.  I admit I can do better, but let me plan out how I could do that and avoid beating myself up for not. Let me avoid clouding my mind with things I should've done and creating situations to act in the opposite. Let me avoid the traps and flee the potholes hidden in the dark corners of my mind.  Then, I will watch the exhilaration experience of transformation. 

The day I revel in my own skin will be a glorious day.  It would have meant that I have completely let go of my insecurities, abandoned the negative perceptions of my flaws, and grasped the totality of me.  I can't wait to fall in love with myself just as easily as it has been to fall in love with others. come and gone.  I can't wait to shout how amazing I am, strong I've become, and sexy I look. 


I can't wait for my fairytale love romance... with none other than me.

Love,
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It