Thursday, June 14, 2012

i thank you... |letter #41|

Dear Readers,



My eyes almost well as I begin to write this because in the last few days, I have been overwhelmed with love and appreciation towards my blog. I really affect people when I write. Here I sit, simply writing down some of my innermost feelings, about topics that are dear to me, but receive such admiration from those around me for it. Hearing all this positive feedback makes me believe I have the potential to really make a difference. It makes me feel special.

That special feeling hit a part of my heart I never knew existed. I couldn't stop smiling with every compliment and every encouraging word.My heart melted because not only I am a sucker for sweet things, but something so personal to me was made beautiful to someone else. It also makes me feel like I have the power to use my words to channel change.  I can inspire you. I can challenge you. I can make you smile, if only you read what I lay in front of you. I am humbled by the thought.


 One friend, whom I hadn't talked to in at least two weeks, called me to tell me why he appreciated the things that I wrote. He said the honesty and vulnerability of my words leave him searching to deepen his connection to my piece. He wanted more.  Another friend said I was brave to expose myself to publicly for display.  Not only was I a talented writer, but I was able to express myself in a way that made others relate. Another said I was able to help her understand what had been bothering her for two weeks, simply in a paragraph.

I understand that I am a good writer, but the real question is why? Why can I affect those with such simple words? Why can I bring people to this simple site?  Perhaps, the reasons lie differently for each person. As I discover this knowledge, I revel in the truth.  My heart pumps with the purpose and power that was ordained mine.  I am a writer.  I am me. I am a difference.


I cannot ask for anything else.
Thank you reading.

Love, 
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It