Tuesday, June 12, 2012

but can i get a sign... |letter #36|

Dear Me, 

I need to get my life together.  Ok, I'm lying. I'm doing well right now, interning in the city in Atlanta, making future connections with prominent people, saving money instead of shopping, building relationships and maintaining old ones, so what's the problem, right?  Well, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with all these resources I'm acquiring.  In other words, what the heck will I be doing for the rest of my life? 


Ok... You can tell I obviously have a problem with trust.  Trust in God, trust in myself, and trust in my purpose.  I'm that girl who needs to know what's happening tomorrow to be okay with today.  It is so hard to blindly go with the flow and hope for the best.  Granted, I have a potential plan but I can't help but feel there's got to be more than what I laid out for my life.  On top of that, I fear of not making enough money.

As much as I try not to let money determine my future career decision, my family has planted the seeds the bloom concern. "Are you sure you want to be a psychologist? Psychiatrists make more money, you know." Bottom line, they don't want me to struggle. Well, I don't want to either. That's another topic. 

I've been praying and learning how to not worry about the future.  I know God is going to take me where I need to go regardless of whether I struggle or not, but in terms of the ride there, I can't help but be a difficult child refusing to sit still. Ultimately, I know everything will work out.  All I ask if a little direction, something to ease my paranoid mind. Until then, I'm still fidgeting. 


Love, 
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It