Monday, May 13, 2013

Study Abroad Experience Feature |letter #66|

Dear Readers,

Here is some latest news where I have been featured on Laura's Letters Blog for my study abroad experience.  In winter 2012, I was able to travel to 10 different South American countries for 25 days with Semester at Sea. Here, Laura interviews me about my experience:

"While many students may not see the value in traveling to another country for school, there are many benefits to learning about different cultures other than your own. Don’t believe me? Take a look at two students and what they have to say about their experiences. 
Meet: Stephanie Deltor, a graduated senior of Spelman College."
LL: Describe your experience in 3 words
Stephanie Deltor in Columbia
Stephanie Deltor in Columbia
SD: Life-changing. Eye-opening. Forever- blessing
LL: How has this experience impacted you upon your return? your approach to your studies? 
SD: Now, I seek to understand past what textbooks teach me. I want to be able to apply what I learn to understand people, life, and culture. More importantly, I have a stronger sense of community. I went on the trip with my best friend and 80 other Morehouse and Spelman students I had almost very little to no connection with. After 25 days, these people have become my sisters and brothers. We support each other. We help each other. We miss each other and enjoy life together when we can.

To read more Click Here! Enjoy!


Love,
Stephanie