Tuesday, August 21, 2012

worth the wait... |letter #46|




"Ladies, if you have to ask a man:
'So what are we?' or "Where is this relationship going?'
The answer is NOWHERE. Men BY NATURE are hunters and go for what they want.  If he WANTED you to be his wife, he would have PROPOSED.  If he wanted you to be his LADY, he would have asked you! Men go hard for what they truly want. If he's not going hard for you, YOU'RE NOT WHAT HE WANTS!
You are VALUABLE. Focus on GOD and save your time & energy for a man of God that can't wait to put a ring on your finger and proudly claim you!
With love... God Bless"
-Anonymous 
This was probably the most genuine quote I have come across in a very long while.  Not only does it address the issues single black women face with men and relationships, but it emphasizes the importance of us knowing our self-worth.  Bottom line.


Last summer, I was completely guilty of asking a guy where we were going, settling to go NOWHERE, acting like I didn't care while still giving in to it all. I ended up heartbroken and motivated to never let another guy in my heart EVER AGAIN. I was convinced that there would be no one else out there for me and nothing would ever happen for me.  I decided to close off emotionally and make each man who came pay for the actions of my last. It took a good best friend along with a couple of tears to get me back to my right mind.  But before that, I experienced how hurtful it was to be used and abused, played and dismayed by a man I thought I could love.  But is it really right for me to blame it all on him? Did I not have my own fault in the way I allowed myself to get treated and where I allowed things to go? I would be a fool to deny it. 
How often do you sit around waiting on the actions of one man in hope of maybe, possibly getting that relationship that you really wanted, only to be disappointed with nothing but a broken expectation and bitter heart.  Before you even allow yourself to go through your WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA's and what if's of the situation, stop and remember...
You are the prize, not him! 
You say you believe that, but you know your actions don't always show it.  At the end of the day, we single black women think we should make things easier for him or give in a little bit more of what he wants. We need to realize that there IS someone out there who is especially designed for us.. 
To grow us, develop us, teach us, embrace us, 
& be WITH us. 

If we wait for it and treat ourselves like we are WORTH the time put in, we will get the love and relationship we so desire. 
Love,
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It