Sunday, August 19, 2012

too enslaved to be free... |letter #45|



Dear Those Who Want Financial Freedom
This weekend was all girls' weekend, meaning yes, there was shopping, dancing, partying,  maybe even a little drinking and acting a silly fool involved.  But especially SHOPPING.  I took my best girl friends over to a huge mall about 20 minutes out of town simply because his mall had every single store in the world that we were looking for and mind you, we were all looking for different things.  We walked in and I could not help but marvel at the vast array of shoes, jewelry, outfits, and accessories I could chose from. I immediately thought of all the pieces that could compliment my own back home and I could not help but get excited and hope. But of course, I stopped myself from even going there....  I just knew I could not afford anything that I wanted.  Not one single thing. 
I constantly worry about money especially since I have to pay rent. I never know when my next will cover and how much extra I will have each month.  I literally count each penny when it comes to my finances.  It's not being smart, its being ENSLAVED.  It drove me crazy that I couldn't buy more than half of the things I wanted over in Forever 21 and H&M, my 2 favorite stores because of the lack of money. And when I did buy a $20 dress.... I hated my self for it. I told myself I shouldn't have because I would need that $20 bucks for something else of semi-more importance.



That's when I thought of Empower Network and why I joined in the first place. Here was my open opportunity to gain that freedom I so desired for so long and I had been neglecting my way out.  Empower Network is my way out of the bondages of being a BROKE COLLEGE BLACK GIRL and into becoming that financially secure women I know I can become in only a matter of time. 
So why was I sitting of my butt still counting my pennies? Because to be honest, we don't appreciate a good thing when we see it.  It's only when its taken away from out lives that we realize how much worth, power, and future our good thing had.  Empower Network is my good thing before I became WUSSY.  I started getting lazy and wishing things would just happen for me just like that (where they do that at?!).  But guess what, life doesn't work that way because everything in life that is well worth fighting for is work.  But guess what, this is the best type of work, why?  
1. You don't have to be experienced to work this job. 
2. You don't need to rich to start. 
3. You don't need to be jobless to work. 
So... what are you waiting for? Well wussy no more, this girl is on the move and I suggest you do the same unless you never want to shop a day in your life again... I want to be able to buy the whole mall, wouldn't you?  First goal, shopping.
Love,
Stephanie 

Courtesy of We Heart It

If you enjoyed this passage, please click the highlighted links throughout the work to learn about my business to read more, click on the Empower Network page to watch my personal video, orclick here!