Monday, August 19, 2013

things just got personal... |letter #75|

Dear My Future Husband,



Today marks a very special day. No, I didn't meet you yet, of course. I discovered something better. God's voice. Today was the first time that God actually answered me immediately after I prayed for something. It happened so quick that I doubted it. I needed to confirm that I had really heard Him and not my own thoughts.

But to be honest, outside of confirmation, I knew deep down it was His. When He spoke, it almost sounded like me, but it wasn't. I could tell something was different about it when the moment I heard it I felt elevated, as if I was on some supernatural plane. He only said one word, which was the answer I was looking for, but it echoed within my spirit. It reverberated ripples of quiet repetitions of His spoken word. 

I felt confident. I felt at peace. I felt shocked. I felt still. I had finally heard His voice and it had only taken but a moment.


The thing is, God is always talking to me. I just don't pay attention or sensitive myself to His voice. But I've been practicing. I've been spending so much time with Him. I've been praying for this exact moment when I could finally hear Him whisper into my ears instead of catching His words from the ears of another. 

My relationship with Him has just become more... intimate.

It's been a long time coming but I knew it would happen. I asked, I believed, and today, I received. Praise my Holy and High Friend. 

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 NIV.


Love, 
Stephanie