Wednesday, May 11, 2011

it's not enough to just love anymore... |letter #14|

Dear My Future Husband, 

Make Up
Courtesy of Re_

It's funny how some things don't work out.  Couple days ago, I realized that the fairytale love story I always dreamt for myself no long existed.  I've always wanted to be swept off my feet by this amazing man who was madly in love with me.  I wished to be wooed with declaratory acts of love and affection and I wanted to feel like I was the most desired girl in the world.  It's not like that over here in college.  Everyone is concerned with themselves.  Guys here don't want to woo a girl.  There are no acts of chivalry.  My desires for love and a relationship are out of place.


make-up.1
Courtesy of yasmin_f

 Instead, I need to learn the game in order to succeed in something that I don't even truly know that I want in the end.  Giving up myself is the key to earning the care, love, and attention I look for.  I need to look, dress, act, talk, and be a certain way to be considered attractive and "wifey material".  Did I mention it would be best for the color of my skin to be 3 shades lighter?  In the end, it's not enough to be me anymore.  Really, it's not enough to just love anymore.  That's ancient nowadays. 

Pam P.
Courtesy of voxefx




Love,
 Stephanie