Saturday, June 18, 2011

love my way #1 .... |letter #20|

Dear Me,

Just to introduce the topic of this subsection, "Love My Way" will be daily love letters to myself.  Here I will share positive thoughts and experiences despite my circumstances. I will also state one thing that was special about the day. In my quest to both find and enhance myself, I feel I must also shower myself with love and appreciation.  I need to give myself a reason to smile each passing day and remind myself why life is amazingly beautiful.  By being the primary source of encouragement, I will conquer some of the negative and insecure perceptions I hold and be able to alter my eyes on new sights. Most importantly, it is the most direct way I can fight my biggest enemy: me. In the end, besides God, who can love me better than myself? 

Family Drawing
Courtesy of Childrens Book Review

Today, I saw the pure love of a good man for his family.  As he recounted the stories of his loved ones, his eyes glistened, his lips curled, his voice hearty, and his shoulders were passionate.  Instead of seeing a boy I had grown up with academically for the last seven years, I saw a man carrying the capacity to love not only his entire family but his future one some day.

Wise words of the day: Love between family members can transform us all.

Love,
Stephanie